Devbagh Beach Tour Guide Including How to Reach,Best Timing and All Offers
The Devbagh beach is an unforgettable experience for all kind beach lovers. A huge land of converging landscapes. Also, Tarkarli lies on a very small part of tropical sand. seems is surrounded by the Western Ghats. And on its eastern side and filled by the Arabian Sea. Almost on the west side, about 3 km away, is Devbagh. Tarkarli beach is one of the nearest places.
While building sandcastles, collecting colourful seashells, swimming in the sea, chasing small crabs on the sands.. will all bring back your old childhood days.
Furthermore not to forget the countless sessions of beachcombing, beach-volleyball, or just lying in a hammock watching the milky sea.
In addition, there’s snorkelling, banana boat rides, speedboat rides and para-sailing. At Devbagh beach you must enjoy. Probably the nearby fishing village is a delight. With its fishermen coming in with their fresh catch and the flurry of fisherfolk sorting the bounty.
While if you aren’t satisfied to just watch the fishermen casting off their nets. You might try your hand at same by taking a two-man shelter with a fisherman for the company. Yet this might be a new experience for you. Also, The trawlers at the fresh fishing harbour, heavy and full of their catch are hard to miss out.
Hence escape from the world to this paradise on earth that will touch your soul. Set your heart aflutter. An oasis of peace with sparkling azure waters and ivory beaches, natural beauty that brings peace to your mind and love to your heart. The nearby mangrove thickets are a good opportunity for bird sightings.
Perfect Season To Visit Devbagh Beach
Devbagh beach is at its natural beautiful peak from October to May. Seems the summer is the perfect time for water sports, which is one of the main attractions of this place. Dolphins are often spotted off the water and the fish and corals are more glowing than ever. The clear skies are also rather happening in the summer – a delight for silent bird watchers.
Devbagh beach Malvan To Tarkarli Distance
Travel can be blase when everything related to it falls into place. If we know the exact distance from the source to the destination, when we know how much time it would take for us to travel that distance, the navigation is precise and the fuel tank is full. The convenience of learning about the distance between Devbagh Malvan to Tarkarli is very helpful while travelling, which is, 14m (8 km 814 meters).
I already posted, the best timing to reach the Tarkarli beach. Devbag and Tarkarli are the neighbours to each other. Thus, same timing is applicable to Devbag.
Activities for fun
A thing that tourist does for fun. Devbagh beach resort provides all kind of watersports.
- Snorkeling/ scuba diving: It is an underwater sport. Swimming and watching fish under water.
- Water Scooter: Thrill of riding water scooter.
- Banana Boat Ride: Accommodate three to ten riders sitting on a larger, main tube.
- Dolphin Watch: Observing whales and dolphins (cetaceans) in their natural habitat. Tarkatli beach is known for its dolphins.
- Fisherman Village Visit: The activity of catching fish, either for food or as a sport.
- Nature Walk: Barefoot roaming around the beach.
- Creating sand castle: Building a castle is buckets of fun
- Lying on hammock: Much as lying on the cloud.
- Collecting seashells: Pick up a few seashells, and take them your home as keepsakes. At Tarkarli beach, one can find plenty of seashells
- Bird watching: It is a form of natural wildlife observation, in which the behaviour of birds is a diversion activity for visitors. Tarkarli beach has the verity of birds to observe.
Also, check the best sightseeing places near Devbagh.
Festivals and Events in Devbagh Beach
While located at a distance of about 7 km from Devbagh is Tarkarli place. where the most looked-for festival of Yatra is celebrated. Mostly in the month of January. In this people enjoy the festive spirit.
In addition, Celebrated in the month of February, Mahashivratri is another important and famous festival in Devbagh. Also, the festivities include various traditional folk dance performances including Jodu halide and Nandikolu Kunitha. Some Women perform the Lambani dance in small groups during the celebrations.
In conclusion, hitting Devbagh during the famous joyful season to know the tradition and culture of the place. And to enjoy the special events in Devbagh beach to the quality.
The Cuisine of Devbagh
The Devbagh has a wide variety of delicious dishes including fresh seafood food. Tarkarli beach also has similar kind of menu to be served.
- Holinge: Also known as Puran Poli. Basically a sweet poli.
- Puliogre: Puliogre is a special recipe filled with tangy tamarind & gingelly flavours. It can be very easily prepared & can be stored for longer period of time.
- Prawn curry: prawn curry or shrimp curry can be served with rice or chapati(kind of bread). Probably curry is oily.
- Crab curry: Simply a spicy dish contains fresh crab.
- Bombay duck Fry: Bombil Fry or Bombay Duck Fry is a most popular dish, especially in north Konkan regions such as Mumbai, etc. It is not an actual duck.
- Pomfret fry: Pamphlet Saar is a dish consisting of Pomfret cooked in popular Malvani fish curry. Remarkably this dish is remarkably popular in Mumbai. In conclusion, Malvani serves this as a main dish. This is the main attraction of Devbagh beach.
- Bangda Fry: It is the most famous dish in Malvan. The head of the Bangda fish is not removed. Flesh is soft, juicy and the skin will be crisp. It is one of the flavourful fish in Malvan. Fried with semolina.
Check Most famous food in Tarkarli.
Shopping in Devbagh
It is all about picking up little trinkets, items made from original sea-shells that make for some excellent reminder of Devbagh. Shopping in hear will give you the same experience as shopping at the Tarkarli beach.
Where to Stay in Devbagh
Seems really very limited options for places to stay in Devbagh beach. This island has only two popular accommodation options namely Great Outdoors and Devbagh Beach Resort Whereas, the main place has options like Kiran Deluxe Hotel Hotel Bhandra and Hotel Sadanand. Devbagh hotels are also one option.
Opposite visitors shoestring on the budget, then you can stay at Inland Water transport Guest House and Port.
Places near Devbagh
In addition, some of the less known places near Devbagh listed below. Those tourists can visit on a day trip.
- Sadashivgad Fort: It is 5 km away from Kanwar. And Lies across the old long Kali Bridge.
- Venkataramana Temple: It is a 300-year-old temple in Karwar. Still exhibits fine ochre paintings.
- Naganatha Temple: It is a unique and quite temple where an anthill is worshipped.
- Tarkarli beach: It is the most beautiful beach in Malvan.
Devbagh beach is an unforgettable experience for all kind beach lovers. While building sandcastles, collecting colourful seashells, swimming in the sea, chasing small crabs on the sands.. will all bring back fun. Hence escape from the world to this paradise on earth that will touch your soul. Set your heart aflutter. While Devbagh is 3 km from Karwar from where you could speed across in a boat to reach the place. October to May. Seems the summer is the perfect time for water sports, which is one of the main attractions of this place. Various festivals and cuisines to joy. Very less but some shopping and nearby places. In conclusion, Devbagh beach is must visit the place.